Staying hydrated is just as important for pets as it is for their human owners. When the temperatures start to climb, you want to make sure your dog drinks plenty of water. But how do you know how much water should your dog drink each day? Obedience Please Dog Training offers Altadena in-home dog training school, and we want to share some tips to keep your pup hydrated.
How Much Water Should My Dog Drink each Day?
It is all going to depend on your dog’s size and his activity level, but there are some guidelines you can go by:
- Weight: 5 – 15 lbs. – 1 to 2 cups water daily
- Weight: 15 – 30 lbs. – 2 – 4 cups water daily
- Weigh:t 30 – 45 lbs. – 4 – 6 cups water daily
- Weight: 45 – 75 lbs. – 6 to 8 cups water daily
- Weight: 75 – 90 lbs. – 8 – 10+ cups water daily
When it is very hot out, and they are very active, your dog should get up to 3x that amount each day.
Monitor your dog and make sure he gets plenty of fresh, clean water. Keep his bowl filled and if you are traveling, carry a water bowl and water with you. If you need a professional Eagle Rock on-home puppy trainer, contact us to set up an appointment.