A puppy is a fun, lovable ball of fur. Everyone loves a pup, but sometimes they forgot they grow into dogs. Often not much thought is given to choosing the puppy that is right for your family. Before you get a new pet, there are some things you should consider. One of those things is choosing the right puppy trainer in Pacific Palisades. Obedience Please Dog Training is the perfect choice.
What Should I Consider Before Getting a Puppy?
Different dog breeds react differently to the same environment. Before you head off to the pound or pet shop, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have kids? – You need a kid-friendly breed, and you need to be prepared to teach the kids how to treat the dog correctly.
- Do you already have dogs or other pets? – If the pup doesn’t get along with other dogs where she is, she isn’t going to adapt easily to your pets.
- Is the puppy going to be alone for long hours? – If so, can you afford help or doggie daycare?
- How active are you? – Dogs need exercise. Are you able to commit to walks even when the weather is bad?
- Do you live in an apartment? – Choosing a large breed dog is not the right choice for you.
- Can you afford a dog? – Make sure you can adequately supply your furry friend with everything they need.
Once you choose the right puppy for you, give us a call. We provide dog guidance in Westwood that is excellent. Get your pooch off to the right start with Obedience Please Dog Training.